Friday, April 24, 2015

365 Days of Writing Challenge


This challenge is simple and personal. I am challenging myself to write something, anything, every day for a year. They say that if you do something every day for a week it is much easier to continue doing it. We will see how this experiment goes.


My goal is a whole year, three hundred and sixty-five days, of writing. I always have a ton of ideas floating around in my head, but it seems that I never end up putting them down anywhere. I also seem to always get interrupted by things going on in life. My new goal in dealing with this is I'm going to blog about it. So, not only are you going to get works of literature and writings about my ideas you will also end up getting writings about my everyday life.


My hope is that out of all of this I will find out what works for me. I will find what I can write about everyday and how to use that to my advantage. I will find my voice. I know that they talk about finding your voice what I think that really means is finding what you can write about. So, please bear with me while I find my voice. At the end of a year I am going to do a year in review and look back on how I have done. (Already put that on my calendar so I won't forget, cause I'd do that...)

I know that most people start challenges like this on the first of a month, or the first of a year, but I know that unless I start this today it'll never happen. I'm horrible at procrastinating, in fact I'm procrastinating doing something else in order to make this post, but I feel strongly about writing and would like it to be a major part of my life. When I was a kid it was easy to write, you had lots of time and spent a lot of it waiting (or so it seemed) so I would fill that time with reading and writing. I still read and I still love to read, but I want to get myself back into the habit of writing when I get a  moment. Anyways, wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment