Wednesday, May 11, 2016

EDS Fact 11 - Why so Tense?


If you want to get on our good side and get us to relax, try a neck rub. As I was told once, our muscles make up for the problems that our ligaments have so the muscles are doing double duty. This means that our muscles are working overtime all the time.
For most people they can relax and their ligaments will keep their bodies about where they should be, for us this is not the case. There are different levels or relaxation for us. We actually have to try really hard to relax. For me it even took me awhile to realize that my muscles weren't relaxed because for me it was normal.

We also end up having problems with our joints more when we are tired or have overworked our muscles. This is because the muscles can get tired too. When our muscles get tired they stop working as well at doing both jobs and our joints can go the wrong way or too far much easier. I know that it is common for society today to live tired, for us it's also painful and hard to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment